Senseless Reminder

Email: senselessgenius@gmail.com
Comments and feedback is always appreciated.
Click on the title of the post for access to a comment box!


A Moment Of Clarity From The Author

Memoirs Of A Senseless Genius is a blog generated website created and maintained by a contributor and supporter of thinking out loud. The blog post are written from a reflective/journal perspective and sometimes takes an antagonizing approach for debating purposes.
Think for today. Live for tomorrow. Write for the future.

Past Thoughts (Archives of Journal Entires)

Senseless Genius Productions

Senseless Genius Productions

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Best I Never Had

"And if I ever (ever fall) in love again--- I will be sure that the lady is a friend. And if I ever (ever fall) in love again--- I will be sure that the lady`s just like you."

You know a lot of girls be... Thinking my blogs are about them,
This is not to get confused--- This ones for You. After writing about a multitude of issues, I came to the realization that I rarely write from the heart instead of the brain. The primary purpose of having a blog is being able to share your strong views & opinions. Yet, also to confront and give a written identity to the indecisiveness, vulnerabilities, and Achilles heels, that life's path create for you. With that being said, I offer you a free spirited--- "writers choice", in which is a revealing moment that gives confirmation that even the writer can sometimes become the focal point of the pen.
This post is a letter that I'm writing to a female who is my girlfriend in my own mind, but in reality, she exists only as an exclusive thought. Signed, Sealed, & Never Delivered.


"Best I Never Had" by Senseless Genius

Dear You,

I waited up for you last night. I cooked your favorite dish. You know--- that meal that I cooked the first night we spent together. I was kinda disappointed that I had to eat alone. I stared across the table, hoping that you would come through the door and fill the seat at the other end. Unfortunately, my wishful thinking was to no avail. Despite you missing dinner, I was sure that you would arrive in time to relax your body in the hot bath water that I ran for you. I even put rose petals in the water--- just the way you like it. But, as you can imagine, the steam from the water eventually faded, and the rose petals shriveled up. Its alright though--- it's more roses where those petals came from. You would have been so excited when you walked in and realized that I lit the rooms with those scented candles that you like --- every time I smell that scent, I think about you. I remember when I bought the wrong candles that time--- I thought that scent was the only candle that comes in that particular color [Guess I was wrong]. But back to our planned evening-- you won't believe what CD that I found--- yup, that one. Every song on there, reminds me of you. When I listen to it, I feel like the lyrics were written just for us. Oh, and remember earlier in this letter, I mentioned more roses--- well, I made sure I had enough petals that I could make a path from the door to the bedroom. I was so sure that you wouldn't notice them until you got to the bed-- but I still wanted to give you the path of a queen. Since I'm on the subject of queens, I wanted to share with you this interesting quote that i read today --- "A King should always separate himself from all of the other Jacks and stay away from the Clubs. The Queen will appreciate being his Ace, only when he stops thinking that Diamonds are the answer and start giving his Heart." --- I thought that was such a cool way of using wordplay with the deck. I knew you would appreciate that. I think you're the only one who really likes brain teasers more than me. I still can't believe that you didn't show up. I really anticipated a romantic night with you. I even wanted to give you that full body massage so that I could knead out all of the tension produced by your work days. Sometimes I wonder if you think about me when you're at work-- I'm sure that you know that you don't have to ask "when do I think about you?". Because the more suitable question would be "when don't I think about you?". I hope this letter is making you smile while reading it, the way it makes my thoughts smile while writing it.-- Well, I just wanted you to know that I'm not mad that you didn't show up. Actually, I'm starting to get used to not seeing you. That still does not stop me from thinking about you. I know that you appreciate all my efforts, but I would like to occasionally hear from you. Timing might be terrible for the both of us, but I don't wanna get to the point where we barely know each other. Please try to find me in the crowd. I'll be waiting.

P.S. Whether you know it or not, we were made for one another. It just takes time to realize that the puzzle piece that you were looking for, was sitting in front of you the whole time--- just flipped over.

Forever & Never Yours,
Me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------End Of Letter

I leave You with my Final Thought of the day…

This letter was written from my perspective of loving a person in your own mind. Creating anticipation through thoughts of experiences that don't exist. This letter reveals the abstract notion of trying to grab a hold of something that is not there. Searching for mutual love from a sentiment created purely by a desire. Now, in the opening statements of this post, I mentioned confronting vulnerabilities--- if a person can win a battle that isn't fought, maybe a person can love something that has never been pursued. Even if loving a stranger is not possible, it will always be the thought that counts.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“Are You Not Entertained? Are You Not Entertained?”
“Is This Not Why You Are Here?”
-Your Thoughts Have Just Been Upgraded by Mr. Perkins-
Senseless Genius ©

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Perkins every time I think you've outdone yourself, you do another thought provoking blog. I absolutely love "Best I Never Had". Keep up the good work as I can see God's light directing your path.

    Godspeed,
    CeCe

    ReplyDelete
  2. dope...and if you're IN that crowd, I'm gonna find you...timing is everything !

    ReplyDelete