Senseless Reminder

Email: senselessgenius@gmail.com
Comments and feedback is always appreciated.
Click on the title of the post for access to a comment box!


A Moment Of Clarity From The Author

Memoirs Of A Senseless Genius is a blog generated website created and maintained by a contributor and supporter of thinking out loud. The blog post are written from a reflective/journal perspective and sometimes takes an antagonizing approach for debating purposes.
Think for today. Live for tomorrow. Write for the future.

Past Thoughts (Archives of Journal Entires)

Senseless Genius Productions

Senseless Genius Productions

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Carried By 2 Angels


Carried By 2 Angels (Journal Entry 1.3.12) by Senseless Genius

It's been a while since I've posted my thoughts. Life carries me away with the usual waves, but I always find my way back. I wanna use this post to reflect, and at the same time, reconnect with my writing. I never wanted to forsake the craft, but I've felt so disconnected from any creative realms of expression. It's hard dealing with death. Regardless of your strength, losing loved ones can break you down to your lowest capacity. My father, Dennis W. Perkins Sr., passed away on February 8, 2011. He joined his wife; my mother, Elizabeth M. Perkins (sunset 7.10.98), in heaven. This past year has felt surreal. Sometimes I can't believe that both of my parents are gone. The people who are dually responsible for bringing me in this world, are no longer here to explore it with me. The Bible says "Time and chance happens to us all", and I truly believe that things happen within God's plan. I try not to dwell on time missed, but rather I cherish the time well spent. After my mom passed away in 1998, my father and I formed an unbelievable bond. His existence in my life was more than just a father, and nothing less than the best friend that a son could've been blessed with. He helped me cope with not having my mom around at a young age. I only hope that I helped him cope with not having his wife around. This month, I will be celebrating the love of the two angels in my life. I find peace in knowing they're in the best HANDS possible. My parents wedding anniversary is January 17th, which is also my father's birthday. Their love unconditionally defines me. I look to thank them in my sleep and we celebrate in my dreams. They gave me a chance at life, I pray that God offers them paradise.
*XVII*PERKINS


Dennis W. Perkins Sr.
Sunrise 1.17.50 - Sunset 2.8.11

Elizabeth M. Perkins

Sunrise 10.14.60 - Sunset 7.10.98

No comments:

Post a Comment